- A requirements traceability matrix shows the relationship between requirements and artifacts.
- The document presents compliance with requirements.
- The document shows information about requirements and tests case
- RTM document helps to show the progress of the project with all requirements and their status.
- RTM document enables us in tracing the requirements and the level at which they are in the development.
- This document can also be used to show the progress in the projrct and hence is very useful for
- RTM documents is very useful in project management process and also updating the client with the progress of the project.
- This document shows the following details, refer the template below-
|Req ID||Req Name||Req Description||Design||D1||T1||D2||T2||….D4||T4||UAT|
|Registration||User should be able to register with the application||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|FR0002||Product search||User should be able to search for available products||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓|
- RTM document can be prepared in excel as above, it helps in tracing client requirement with test cases. It notes all the requirements given by the client which are mentioned in BRD/FRD/FSD.
- The core aim of Requirement Traceability Matrix is to confirm that all requirements are cross verified with test cases so that no functionality is left unchecked during SDLC.