A Business Analyst Enable changes required in an organization by understanding & analyzing the business problems and delivering relevant solutions that will maximize its value to its stakeholders or clients.
Business analysts bridge the gap between development team and business teams through analytics to evaluate processes, determine requirements, deliver data-driven solutions, and generate reports to the clients or stakeholders.
Here are certain day to day operations that the BA performs as time sheets on daily basis:
- Analytical Study: Business analysts should be able to do fundamental statistical and probability analysis.
- Problem Solving: Business analysts solve business problems and give Solutions particularly to each problem & bridges gap between the development or IT team & client.
- Communication Skills: BA’s work with all teams, clients & stakeholders, they must possess strong communication skills. It is knowing what the client wants—describing management changes—IT-based problem-solving. A business analyst’s daily activities revolve heavily around communication; therefore, developing your verbal and written abilities as you begin your career is crucial.
- Technical Skills: Business analysts need to keep up with their technical capabilities since market analysts act as a bridge between experts and business people Therefor it has been said that the BA plays a vital role between the Development team & the clients.
- Stakeholder Analysis: Stakeholder analysis helps clarify a project’s development by identifying and removing several barriers. BA does the Stakeholder Analysis properly to gather requirements in the starting of the project to remove barriers in between the project.
Here are some Basic Requirements of a BA as follows:
- Degree & Domain Knowledge: The Business Analyst should have a relevant degree, it can be in Business Administration or Technology degree which but he must be having a domain knowledge like BA should be aware about the work that he does on day to day basis, also know basics how to use MS (word. Office, excel) & a basic knowledge of languages like My SQL so that he can work on these tools when required.
- Understanding the Business Objective: The Business Analyst should have an understanding of the Business objectives like he/she must understand the business problems and should have a relevant solution to that problem. If the BA have a domain knowledge in the organization they are working in, then it would help in understanding how to increase sales and revenue for the organization & how to lower the cost.
- Analytical & Critical Thinking: Business Analyst prepares Requirement Analysis by understanding the Client’s need whereas the Analytical & critical thinking helps the Business Analysts to prioritize the Business requirements. A good critical thinking mindset can help the Business Analyst reach the goal which are non-defined and have limitation in resources.
- Good Communication Skills: Good communication & Interpersonal skills give confidence to the Business Analyst while facilitating the daily meetings in the project. The BA needs to have day to day conversation with the Stakeholders or Clients so the BA should require a good communication skill in them.
- Decision Making Skills: The Business Analyst should think of all the aspects (pros and cons) before stating their decisions. As the decision finalized by the Business Analysts can have both the positive and negative impact on the Organization’s business.
- Creation of Reports & Dashboards: The Business Analyst must be proficient in using various Business Intelligence Tools (Power BI, Tableau) for creating beautiful dashboards and reports from long driven data. These reports and dashboards are easily understandable and readable to the presenters that solves decision making problems.
- Database & SQL: Business Analyst often work with the structured data. In order to store this heavy data, the BA should have a little understanding of Database, My SQL, My SQL Workbench, My SQL Database, My SQL Server etc.