UML(Unified Modelling Language) Tools
UML diagram is known as language of diagrams
The base of UML diagram is object oriented approach(ooA)
UML has 9 Diagrams
- 5 Static
- 4 Dynamic
USE CASE Diagram
- A use case is a high level diagram
- The main purpose of the diagram is to identify the requirement
- Use case diagram is Actor specific.
- Use case diagrams are designed to explain how an external user are interacting with the system.
Primary Actor directly interacts with the system.
Association is a relationship between actors and use case.
Secondary Actor supports the system.
Use cases are verbs and are unique
Actors are Nouns
Essential Use Cases-
Makes sense and completeness to the end user
Supporting Use Cases-
Makes sense and supports Essential Use Case
- Activity Diagrams are drawn to simplify Complexity
- Can be drawn at any level
- Project wise
- Module wise
- Department wise
- Functionality wise
- Use case wise
Activity Diagram – Drawing Elements
- Continuation Node –
- Fork & Join
- Branch and Merge
Lifeline : indicates the life of a class
Return message: this will always flow towards controller
Focus of control : it shows the life of method
A UML tool is a software application that supports notation and semantics associated with the Unified Modeling Language (UML), which is the industry standard general-purpose modeling language for software engineering.
They are as follows
How to draw use case diagram
- Choose UML use case
- Choose new drawing from file
- Drag & Drop component
- Save your work
- Rational Rose – Rational Roseis an object-oriented Unified Modeling Language (UML) software design toolintended for visual modeling and component construction of enterprise-level software applications.
Two popular features of Rational Rose are its ability to provide iterative
development and round-trip engineering.
- Smart Draw Tool – Smart Draw is a diagram tool used to make flowcharts, organization charts, mind maps, project charts, and other business visuals. Smart Draw has two versions: an online edition and a downloadable edition for Windows desktop
- Magic Draw – Magic Draw is a visual UML, SysML, BPMN, and UPDM modeling tool with team collaboration support. Designed for business analysts, software analysts, programmers, and QA engineers, this dynamic and versatile development tool facilitates analysis and design of object oriented systems and databases
- Visual Paradigm– Visual Paradigm is a UML CASE Tool supporting UML 2, Sys ML and Business Process Modeling Notation from the Object Management Group. In addition to modeling support, it provides report generation and code engineering capabilities including code generation.
- Concept Draw – Concept Draw DIAGRAM is proprietary diagramming software used to create business graphics, including: diagrams, flowcharts, Info graphics, data visualization for business process models, data presentation and project management documentation
- Enterprise Architect –Enterprise Architectis a multi-user, graphical tooldesigned to help your teams build robust and maintainable systems
Sparx Systems Enterprise Architect is a visual modeling and design tool based on the OMG UML. The platform supports: the design and construction of software systems; modeling business processes; and modeling industry based domains
- Agro UML Tool –Argo UML is an UML diagramming application written in Java and released under the open source Eclipse Public License. By virtue of being a Java application, it is available on any platform supported by Java SE.
9.Star UML Tool –Star UML is a UML tool by MK Lab. The software was licensed under a modified version of GNU GPL until 2014, when a rewritten version 2.0.0 was released for beta testing under a proprietary license. After being abandoned for some time, the project had a revival to move from Delphi to Java/Eclipse and then stopped again.
- Case Complete– Case Complete is a requirements management application from Serlio Software that allows business analysts and software developers to create and manage Use Cases and Software Requirements