Business Analysts identify the areas that are needed to improve, so that it helps in increasing the efficiency and strengthening the business processes. The business Analyst acts like a bridge between the It team and the client. They are responsible to fill the gap between the IT and Stakeholders. They Use data analytics to assess processes and determine requirements and deliver data and reports to the executives and stakeholders.
Main roles of BA:
- Analyzing the current position of the organization and identifying the areas of improvement.
- Researching the business processes and reviewing the up-to-date business processes to make systems more modern.
- Proceeding ideas and arranging the meetings.
BA plays a very important role in the project development. They identify the current position of the organization and estimate where the company should be, and act accordingly to reach the goals and future position of the company.
The Business Analyst has daily duties to fulfill such as Identifying the business issues, collecting the data, record the data, analyzing the data, evaluating the data and presenting Data solutions. They work in several groups such as customer service management, product development, business operations and business clients.
Business Analysts use data to help companies to improve business processes and also to make better decisions which are helpful for the organization growth. BA uses SWOT analysis, Risk analysis , mind mapping etc..to improve business efficiency. If business analysts have technical skills, it helps the organization much better.
BA role in different stages of project development:
- Pre project : Enterprise Analysis, Swot Analysis, GAP analysis, Market Research, Feasibility Study, Root Cause Analysis, Decision Analysis, Strategy Analysis, Enterprise Architecture Frameworks, Project Scope and Business case writing, Risk analysis.
- Planning & Estimation & Assessment :
- Understand Assumptions and Constraints, Business Rules and Business Goals
- Plan Packages for Big projects
- Understands the project plan from PM
- BA conducts stakeholders Analysis.
- Plan BA approach strategy
- Handling the change request ( Req. gathering techniques, communication, req. management , documents to follow, Tools to use, Change request handling methodology) for this project.
- Requirements Gathering :
- Stakeholders identify and document.
- BRD is given by the client or BA can also prepare by interacting with the client- brainstorming, Document Analysis, Reverse engineering, interviews, workshops, Focus groups. Observation, Questionnaires.
- Prototyping can be used by BA to make the client give more specific requirements.
- Sort the gathered Requirements and avoid duplicate reqs, grouping into similar functionality or into modules
- Prioritize requirements by following MOSCOW
- Validate requirements by following FURPS
- Requirement Analysis
- Draw UML Diagrams ( Use case and Activity Diagrams)
- Prepares Functional requirements from business requirements
- All comes up with Technical Requirements (SSD)
- Will have functional requirements and technical requirements
- Takes Sign off on SRS from client. SRS is the first legal blinding Doc between the business and the technical team.
- BA prepared RTM from SRS before the Design phase started.
- BA follows how requirements are dealt in each phase of development life cycle from design till UAT.