PROJECT CHANGE MANAGEMENT
Before we proceed for further discussion we must be aware that what “Project Change Management” is.
- Therefore “Project Change Management” refers to the tools and processes which we use to manage change within a project and its project team.
- People may change their minds, preferences with time or any point in between. But as a project process through time it is inevitable that some changes will affect the project so our requirements may also change.
- BA should always be prepared to welcome Change Request. Whenever the change request comes from client the BA firstly should analyze the change request and then follow some steps:-
- Feasibility Study
- Impact Analysis
- Effort Estimation
Feasibility study is an analysis of the viability (possibility) of an idea.
Impact Analysis is nothing but identifying all the possible facts that needs to analyze.
- Gathering information
- Evaluating the collected information
- Preparing a report to document
- Presenting the results to senior management.
Effort Estimation is nothing but it implements the change in the project.
The Role Of A Business Analyst In Managing PCM:-
Some of the major steps need to follow before moving for change request:-
- Understand the reason for the change
- Understand the impact of the change
- Understand the effort required to implement the change
- Ensure that the change request follows the approval process
How To Manage Change Request:-
There are some steps which can help to manage change request mentioned below:-
- Determine the span of the Change
- Determine the span of Incorporating the Change
- Gain Approval / Rejection of the Change
- Communicate an Approved Change Request
Who Should Approve Change Request:-
Three Options for Approving Change Requests
- Project Sponsor (Project Leader).
- Project Manager
- Change Control Board (CCB).