The Product evaluation is to evaluate the quality of products in order to summarize experience as the guidance for follow-up design. Methods &process of user experience measurement are applied to the area of product evaluation.
- Product evaluation is the process of assenting a manufactured products suitability & safety for use by consumers. Product evaluation is conducted for two main reason:-
- To ensure product follows relevant standards.
- To identify & remove manufacturing or design defects.
Main propose of Product evaluation framework.
- A framework is set of conceptual structure & guidelines used to build something useful. Frameworks are software that are developed to build application. Frameworks is a collection of tools designed to help to create your project so you do not need to start from scratch.
- An evaluation framework is sets out of the plan for how to measure an outcome, as well as collect & analysed date for each level, it sets out the aim, outcomes measure & a plan for data collection, analysis & reporting.
- A business analysis framework is a conceptual plan that describes all of the key requirement for a business.it based on the key requirement for a business.it is based on the use of knowledge, the various techniques that make up the process & also critical analysis.
- While a BA may not be the final decision maker, the business analysis definitely impacts the decision making process. A structured approach to analyse the available product would help is choosing the best suitable IT product for the business.
A business analysis framework is a conceptual plan that describes all of the key requirements for running a business. It is based on the use of knowledge, the various techniques that make up the process, and also critical analysis.
All of this is essential for the analyst to ensure that a step-by-step approach is implemented to align your business practices with the company.
A structured approach to analyse the available product would help in choosing the best suitable IT product for the business.
- User Experience
- Ease of access
- Product roadmap
- Features: – It is recommended to choose a Product that has Features which meet most of the Business Requirements out of the box. Although it’s difficult to find a Product which would satisfy 100% of all the required features, it’s better to choose the one with as little customizations as possible. Customizations would often mean force fitting a Product for a Business Process and may have downstream impact in future. Also, it would involve high maintenance costs to maintain a highly customized Product.
- User experience: – As a Business Analyst we generally work closely with the Business Users and can gauge the pulse of the Users. It is important that any IT Product chosen provides a good User Experience as it would drive the user adoption and hence the success of the Project.
- Support: – Once an IT Product gets implemented and as the Business Users start adopting it, we see a lot of enhancement requests coming from the Business Users to improve the existing implementation. Also, there might be Bugs in the Product which got missed in the testing process but arise only when the users start using the Product. In order to resolve the issues and implement the enhancement requests, it is critical to have a good post implementation support from the respective IT Product Vendor.
- Ease of access: – The ease with which Users can access an IT product also plays a vital role in determining the right Product. A Product which can be accessed from any web browser would always rank better as compared to a desktop based. It would even be better if the Product can be accessed from a Mobiledevice. With the work-from-anywhere concept gaining prominence, the Cloud based, and Mobile enabled Products would see an upward trend in demand.
5.Product Roadmap:- It is important to consider the roadmap the IT Product has planned for implementing various out of box features as that would help us in planning our implementation and make decision on the level of customization that needs to be done during the initial release. The IT Product with promising features suitable to the Business Requirements needs to be given a higher priority as compared to that without a suitable Roadmap.