Manage Stakeholder Collaboration-
Manage stakeholder collaboration means to encourage stakeholder to work together and to achieve common goal.Stakholders are primary they are playing key role in the project. As Business analyst you would have to work with numerous stakeholders, these stakeholders would have various levels of importance. It can defined as stakeholder who will be impacted with change. These are indicating two most categories are one who receive benefit and one who deliver change.
A.Stakeholder are as follow-
- Project stakeholders these are project manager, BA, Engineer, Project engineer Etc –
- Business Stakeholders – Business owner, Business sponsor, SPOC, SME etc.
3.3rd party Stakeholders –Focus Grope, Auditor, Outsource
- Negative stakeholder- Hacker, Competitor, Political party, Public Opinion
There would be RACI matrix to be used while collaboration of the requirements.
R-Responsible- The responsible stakeholders are those people who complete the task.
A-Accountable- The accountable stakeholders signs off on the tasks.
C-Consulted- The consulted stakeholders are usually subject matter experts who are typically consulted on information.
I-Informed- While the informed stakeholders are people who need to be kept informed on the progress of the task.
|He BA Technical Lead||Informed|
Once the stakeholder grope have been identify the BA has to continuously collaborate with these group through the change.BA is key responsible to maintain good relationship with stakeholder to achieve project success.
Requirements are defined as a usable representation of need. The representation would be document or set of documents can vary widely depending on the circumstances. Requirements are Business requirements and Functional requirements.
Business Requirements and Functional requirement
These are representation of business goal, objective and outcomes. The purpose of business requirements is to define a project’s business need, as well as the criteria of its success. Business requirements describe why a project is needed, whom it will benefit, when and where it will take place, and what standards will be used to evaluate it. Functional requirement is based on business requirement as what system will achieve the business requirement. How we can process the requirement it’s totally depend on BR.
Elicitation techniques –
- Focus grope
- Document Analysis
- Brain storming
- Process Analysis
RTM-Requirement traceability Matrix:-
It is matrix used to trace forward and backward traceability. It helps faster impact analysis and reliable assessment to ensure all the business required are covered. These are following main concept which are involved in RTM process like business requirement, Stakeholder requirement, Functional requirements, on –Functional requirement, Design, Code, Testing.
Requirements Documents are important to deliver project more successful to client.
USE CASE STORIES, RTM, BRD, FRD, EPIC
- Sequential: In this methodology the system will deliver at the end of development lifecycle
- Iterative: In this the process start with simple implementation of small set of requirements and repeat with same stages.
- Evolutionary: It is combination of iterative and incremental model. At starting it will implement big set of requirements and later will deliver small sets
- Agile: it is a combination of iterative and incremental model. Agile brake the product in small sets and deliver. Each release lasts from about 1-3 month with define set of teams.
Waterfall model which is old model who required information, analysis, Design, testing and development all phases are very important in waterfall model when stakeholder using this model.