– Interface analysis can also help in determining requirements for interoperability and exposing interfacing stakeholders early in the project.
– It acts as a conexion between two components.
– Application of software require on or more interfaces, of the type.
• User interacting directly with the system.
• Among external applications.
• Between hardware devices.
– It helps to clarify the boundaries between applications.
– It distinguishes which application provides specific functionalities with the needs of input and output data.
– It confirms stakeholders who will use the interface.
– It also useful for a non-software solution.
• Identify interfaces between solutions and/or components of the solution and describe how they will interact.
• High level of interoperability.
• Plan impact on delivery date, more accurate and potential time savings and cost.
• Plan the collaboration with other systems or projects
• Negotiation and cooperation between leaders of the involved application.
• Prevent difficulties of integrating multiple application.
• it doesn’t provide insights about other aspects of the solution.
• It doesn’t evaluate internal components.