Do’s and Don’ts of BA
- Delete the word no from your memory. you can never say no the client.
- Client cannot be right always but that doesn’t mean you need to argue with the client, for that consult your SME or Project Manager.
- You should always include your Project Manager in your mails and keep resources involved in the cc.
- Never assume assume the graphics. Always visit the client with a blank mind and try to putt yourself in client’s shoes.
- A Business Analyst should know how to minimize the chances of scope creep in a project.
- You need to Question everything so that you get to know the client’s requirements properly.
- Always provide an IT solution to the client’s problem.
Tips of a BA
- Collaborative Stakeholder Analysis
- Synchronize Your Business Analysis Plan with the Project Schedule
- Not All Requirements can be Captured Up Front.
- Non-Functional Requirements vs. Project Scope
- Help to Minimize Scope Creep
- All Changes to Requirements Undergo Impact Analysis
- Collaborative Prioritization of Requirements
- Synchronize the List of Prioritized Requirements With the Vendor Selection Criteria
- Factor in Project Manager’s Constraints and Assumptions When the Defining the Solution Scope