Software Development life cycle is process which is employed for software project within a software organization. It includes detailed plan describing the way to develop, maintain, replace and alter or enhance specific software. It’s typically divided into six to eight steps: software scope is per specific Product Development. Typical phases during this scenario are requirement elicitation, development , Testing, Product Commercialization, Product support/maintenance.
SDLC phases are as follows:
1. Requirements gathering or analyzing user requirements
4. Documentation and testing
5. Operation and maintenance
1.Requirements gathering or analyzing user requirements-
Requirement Gathering, which is understood as Elicitation. it’s followed by Analysing the collected requirements to understand the correctness of converting the requirements into a possible product. Then, Documenting the gathered requirements and analysing them.
Requirements Gathering Steps
• Understand Pain Behind the need .
• Eliminate Language Ambiguity.
• Identify Corner Cases.
• Write User Stories.
• Create a Definition Of “Done”
A requirements analysis process involves the subsequent steps:
• Identify Key Stakeholders and End-Users.
• Capture Requirements.
• Categorize Requirements. .
• Interpret and Record Requirements. .
• Sign off.
The Design Phase is an essential phase of the SDLC. the system and software design documents are prepared as per the need specification document. This helps define overall system architecture. There are two sort of design HDL and LLD.
during this phase, developers start build the whole system by writing code . within the coding phase, tasks are divided into units or modules and divided to the varied developers. it’s the longest phase of the SDLC process.
In this phase, Developer must follow certain coding guidelines. They also have to use compiler, interpreters, debugger to get and implement the code.
4.Documentation and testing
Software Testing is evaluation of the software against requirements gathered from users and system. Testing is conducted at the phase level in software development life cycle or at module level. Software testing may be a combination of Validation and Verification
5.Operation and maintenance
This is the last phase of SDLC the main purpose of the Operations and Maintenance Phase is to ensure the information system is fully functional and performs until the system reaches its end of life.
Whereas, project management is that the process of planning, organizing and delineating responsibility for the completion of an organizations’ specific information technology goals. IT project management includes the software development, hardware installations, network upgrades, cloud computing and virtualization rollouts, business analytics and data management projects and implementing IT services.
Managing the Project
These five Step comprise the project management life cycle and are universal to all or any projects. The phases within a project, however, are unique to every project and represent the project life cycle.
• Initiation – the goal, need or problem is identified. The project manager is assigned to the project and therefore the charter is created.
• Planning – the project manager and therefore the team work together to plan all of the needed steps to reach a successful project conclusion. The project planning processes are iterative in nature and it’s expected that planning will happen often throughout the project life.
• Execution – once the project plan has been created, the project team goes executing the project decide to create the deliverables of the project. The project can shift to project planning as required throughout project.
• Monitoring and controlling – because the project is being executed by the project team, the project manager monitors and controls the work for time, cost, scope, quality, risk, and other factors . Monitoring and controlling is additionally an on process to ensure that the project addresses its targets for each project objective.
• Closing – at the top of each phase and at the end of the entire project, project closure happens to make sure that all of the work has been completed, is approved, from the project team to operations.