BUSINESS PROCESS MODELLING (BPM):
Business process modeling is nothing but creating the model for a business process so that it can be understood easily.
- Has a goal
- Has specific input
- Has specific output
- Uses Resources
- Has number of activities that are performed in some order
Business process modeling depends on Business process model and notation (BPMN) or Unified Modeling language (UML).
Business process Model has
- System : Particular flow
- Surrogate Model: In order to model the information
- Notation: Symbols and Protocols to represent the information
Why is BPM important ?
It is important because it creates value of some kind to the customers.Customers may be internal or external
Techniques of BPM:
- Flow charts
- Gantt charts
- and more.
These help in examining the flow of process and other aspects of business at any point of time even if its a complex structure.
Benefits of BPM:
- Adapts faster to the change of business
- Time effective since it helps in using the existing process for restructuring.
- Quality of the process is improved
- Efficiency of process is improved
- Examining the flow of process and other aspects of business at anypoint of time even if its a complex structure.