Agile methodology is a project management framework that breaks big projects down into small phases called as Sprints.The Agile Framework is an iterative methodology. After every sprint, teams reflect and look back to see if there was anything that could be improved so they can adjust their strategy for the next sprint.
In Simple terms, Agile means continuous incremental improvement through small and frequent releases. Nowadays, the agile method is commonly used in software development. The waterfall model is used for small projects while Agile is used for big projects. Here, Big projects refers to software development which consumes more time and money.
The best practices of Agile are, which are known to the team clearly. They can be arranging the Sprints, meetings, Product Backlog items, etc, or using technologies and software to effectively manage time and cost. Every scrum team has their own way of thinking and implementing. So, when the team comes together they can work in an effective way by accepting new ideas.
For a successful Agile Implementation there should be regular meetings for continuous interaction of the team. These meetings should be short and concise, with each member of the team explicitly stating the progress of tasks and what needs to be done. This practice of meetings is the best way to follow up with a team, it helps us to know the progress of the work individually and also as a team, it also helps us with the obstacles or hindrances faced in the agile process.
The best way to make agile work is having a mindset which allows continuous improvement and doing experiments. Doing experiments and different practices , having open and honest discussions about the team performance, growth or any fallout will help improve the process.
Ways to improve the impact of Agile
Sync Progress Daily. Data should be stored and synced regularly which are related to the project and also should share the synced/stored data with the team members.T
Engage in Frequent Reviews. The work done by the team and team members should be reviewed frequently and feedback should be given.
Best Practices for Agile Teams
- Collaborate with the customer. : There should be good communication with customer
- Work together daily.: The team should work together daily
- Convey information face-to-face.: The communication should be direct like face-to-face for better understanding
- Iterative Development. : Agile itself is an iterative methodology, so by this Any bigger projects can be broken down to small cycles. It helps us to contribute more flexible product development.
- Daily Meetings.: As already mentioned above, regular meeting helps the team to understand the requirements much better and any doubts can be clarifies in these meetings.
- Using Professional Tools. : Using professional tools helps the team members to understand the workflow easily and clearly. It improves team collaboration. It reduces effort and helps for proper documentation and meetings management.
- Creating Product Backlog and Product Vision Together. : Creating product backlog and product vision together ensures that both the development team and stakeholders are on the same page. This also ensures mutual understanding helps in designing the visualization in a better way.
- Use Burndown Charts for Sprints. : The Burndown charts shows what work is done and what should be done in a graphical way. It is very useful to make the team understand about the project scope. It also shows the risk involved with the unfinished work.
- Practicing Stand-Ups. : The Daily Scrum meetings are the small meetings which are held daily with the team members. These meetings will last hardly for 20 minutes on a daily basis. This is a great way to monitor the progress of the team and their team work. They will also discuss do’s and don’ts of project development in the meeting.
- Continuous Feedback :Continuous feedback on the work done by the team will help to identify obstacles or hindrances faced by the team and also helps in generating solutions to those obstacles. The team will make sure that this hindrance should not be repeated in the next sprint and what part needs to be improved in order to avoid obstacles.